The weather in Manila is becoming extremely hot but just because it’s going to be HOTTER it doesn’t mean that there aren’t ways to beat the heat of the Metro. The nearest fresh escape is to visit Tagaytay City! Roughly 2 hours away from the capital, the City of Characters has too much to offer. Relax, Dine and Enjoy! Here are the details of our overnight trip that could help you on your next visit to Tagaytay!
HOW TO GET THERE:
By Public Transportation: You can take a DLTB bus from Pasay City bound to Nasugbu, Batangas. Bus fare is less than P90. Located near LRT Gil Puyat Station. We leave manila at around 10:00 a.m. and arrived at 12:00 noon. Here are the numbers to verify their bus schedules bound to Nasugbu. (632)855-8040, (632)855-8071 and (632)484-7449.
WHERE TO STAY:
My friend Marge booked a condo unit at SMDC WIND. The location is strategically located to give you a magnificent view of Taal Volcano. The window in our room has a direct view of the city and the lake. Our room is on the 20th floor so imagine waking up every day to a breathtaking view of Taal Lake. That’s the best way to say good morning to the universe! It is also accessible to most places you would like to visit. Furthermore, it is walking distance to Robinsons Summit Ridge, 5-minutes away to Sky ranch and 10-minutes away to Rotonda.
WHAT TO DO:
- Visit Sky Fun or also known as Sky Ranch. An amusement park in Tagaytay that houses the second tallest Ferris-wheel in the Philippines called “Sky-Eye”. Entrance Fee: ₱100
Quick facts about Sky Eye:
- It’s standing 207-feet from the ground.
- Ride last exactly 10 minutes
- Each cage is air conditioned
- About 4-5 people can fit in each cage.
- One of the best ways to view Taal Volcano is riding this Ferris-wheel
- Ride Fee: ₱150
Other Attractions inside Sky Fun:
- Sky Eye – P150
- Super Viking – P100
- Nessi Coaster – P50
- Mini Viking – P50
- Wonder Flight – P50
- Red Baron – P50
- Express Train – P50
- Horse Back Riding – P250/30 minutes
Restaurants are accessible outside the theme park. Also, zip line and mini bazaar are available inside.
- Visit the Puzzle Mansion. Entrance Fee is P100. Located at Cuadra St. Brgy. Asisan Tagaytay City. You can take a jeep or bus bound to Nasugbu and inform the driver to drop you at Brgy. Asisan. Then take a tricycle ride to Puzzle Mansion. Tricycle fee is P60 one way.
The mansion houses thousands of puzzle collections with different sizes and dimensions, the second, and the largest puzzle in the world. It is proudly own by a 61 years old and a retired business woman, Mrs. Gina Gil-Lacuna. Who awarded by Guinness book of record with a certificate for having these thousands of puzzle collections last November 29, 2012. There’s a souvenir store on the second floor and never ever forget to taste their Coconut Cream Pie. Super Delicious!
WHERE TO EAT:
- Leslie’s Tagaytay – Famous for their super tasty Bulalo. We ordered their Bulalo Original for less than P600 that’s good for 4. We had lunch at their branch in Sky Ranch but I suggest to have your dinner at their Branch near Rotonda. Their Hot Bulalo is perfect for the cold weather of Tagaytay.
Café Carmencita – Truly a hidden Gem. We intentionally avoided the over populated SB in Tagaytay. Gladly we found this Café. We walk for about 15 minutes from Sky Ranch to reach Café Carmencita since few public transportation are passing Tagaytay-Nasugbu Highway.
The place is rustic and I love the “Feel at home ambiance” of this residential house converted into a restaurant. Regardless if there’s no view of the lake. Nothing will beat the relaxing ambiance inside this café surrounded by a beautiful garden. The place looks expensive but the price is really affordable. Their cakes are must try. Furthermore, they have free strong Wi-Fi.
- Bag of Beans – The best place to start your morning is to have breakfast with their newest branch near Rotonda. This branch will give you a calm view of the lake. Ideal matches with your hot coffee or tea. Their Bacon is a must try too!
What are you waiting for? The heat here in Manila feels like summer will never end. Call your family and friends and together let’s enjoy the fresh air and cold air of Tagaytay City