Traveloka app is not just the app that I’m using for hotel booking, it’s also my top choice when it comes to booking my local and international flights. It has the best features, one of which is its ability to present multiple airline options.This feature saves me a lot of time when searching and comparing flights.
Gone are the days when we had to go through all the rigors of flight comparison; open several airline websites, key in all the same flight details repeatedly, wait for results, view each browser to see the flight details, then mock book to see the final price. Now, with an app like Traveloka, we can easily find and compare flight options, all in just one website, according to one’s budget and time.
Booking a flight is quite easy. But first, download the app (if you haven’t yet) in your phone. It is available in both iOs and Android.
To book a flight, here’s how to do it:
- Open the app then click Flights.
- Enter your Origin, Destination, Departure Date (tick Roundtrip if you also want to book your return flight), then enter number of Passenger and select Seat Class
- Click the Search button.
- You shall be redirected to the next page where you will see flight options from different airlines, such as Cebu Pacific, AirAsia, Philippine Airlines, China Eastern Airlines, EVA Air, Asiana, Korean Air, Cathay, China Airline, Japan Airlines, China Southern, Thai Airways, Singapore Airlines, Air China,All Nippon Airways, Xiamen Air, Jeju Air, United Airlines, and Malaysia Airlines. Each airline shows the flight time and rates.
- Click the Sort button to see which airline offers the lowest price, earliest departure, or shortest duration.
- Click the Filter option to filter the price, departure/arrival time. Also, you have the option to filter your preferred airlines.
- When you want to book one of the options, just click it and you will be redirected to another page that shows the flight details. Click the Select button.
- Complete the prompts down to the payment page.
- You will receive your voucher through email. Likewise, you will find it the My Booking section.
As a sample, I booked a flight to Seoul, South Korea. The search results showed that the best option is via AirAsia, which at around 5,600 and offers a direct flight.
Other option, which is a bit expensive is via Philippine Airlines. Booking this flight will set me off at around 9,000php but it comes with perks, such as 20kg bag allowance, in-flight meal, and entertainment. In this case, the better option for me is AirAsia.
My planned trip to South Korea is in December, since it’s still 8 months away, I can delay booking for now, and turn on the Price Alerts. This feature allows you to receive flight notifications for when the flight rates have decreased.
This is especially useful if you want to get updates on flight destinations that you’ve been eyeing and hoping to book at a lower price. With the Traveloka app, you don’t have to manually check the flights for your desired destination. You can just wait for the alerts in the app.
There’s a variety of payment options to choose from, such as credit or debit card, bank transfer, PayPal, or even cash payment at any 7-Eleven branch.
In case of any concerns, Traveloka has 24/7 local customer support. The agents are efficient and quick to response. I remember this one time I had problem with a resort I booked in Boracay, the matter has been resolved quickly with just one call to Traveloka’s hotline.
If you love traveling and want to get the best flight option the easiest way possible, then I recommend that you download the Traveloka App. Also, don’t forget to follow them on Facebook. Traveloka always shares promo code, which you can use to get discounts when you book a flight via their app. Where are you going next? Book it with Traveloka.